Monday, October 13, 2014

Off to the APDT educational conference!

Each year I choose one educational conference to attend.  This year the Association of Professional Dog Trainers is holding their conference in Hartford, so the choice was easy.  It is also my favorite conference because it is the largest gathering of dog trainers I typically go to.  Often we will have over 600 participants, and the opportunities to learn from the presenters as well as from one another are endless!

This year I am looking forward to learning from some of the best people in the industry.  I will be attending a day long course on Dog Behavior in the Field by Sue Sternberg.  You can read about her by clicking here if you are interested in knowing more.

I be participating in a hands on workshop on Advanced Behavior Techniques and Practices put on by the IAABC, another professional dog training organization.

In addition I will also be doing  a hands on Trick Training for Behavior Problems program, so be ready for me to start pushing trick training - not that I don't already do that!  :-)

And those are only the special sessions I've signed up for!  I will also have the opportunity to see Patricia McConnell, Ian Dunbar, Emma Parsons, Christopher Pachel, Gail Fisher, Rise Van Fleet and Sumac Grant Johnson to speak.

As always I continue to be fascinated by the learning process of dogs and strive to bring you my best understanding of the latest learning and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment